Book of Daniel help us understand, How should you live in a pagan land as you trust and wait for God to act?
We like Daniel are resident aliens, therefore we need shrewd integrity, in order to maintain purity without isolation, but seeking to excel as God enables, for the purpose of influence others for God’s glory. This will require deep abiding trust in God.
God is sovereign over all the affairs of history but requires His people to walk faithfully, with prudence (wisdom and shrewdness) and prayer not panic in order to bring God glory.
Daniel shows us wisdom and dependence on God,
by focusing others on God not himself
along with the value of like-minded companions when difficulties arise
and the willingness to leverage personal blessing for benefit of others
Small Group Questions
Engage—connect with each other
1. What, of the character of God, have you learned or been reminded about this week?
2. What are you doing to increase in your understanding of who God is?
Encounter—read God’s Word to get to know Him
3. What character traits does God reveal in this story?
4. Which of God’s character traits are highlighted in this story?
Examine and Explore—what the passage says before you decide what it means, then begin to discuss the implications of this passage
5. What character traits do that the three men demonstrate?
6. What do you notice about the way they disagree with the king?
Embrace—What is the one thing you need to know or do? What is your next step in response to this passage?
6. What are some encouragements from this passage that might help you when you go through difficulty? Remember, the men did not know whether God would or would not rescue them.
Other passages that complement the lessons of Daniel 3
The books of Esther and Habakkuk
Ecclesiastes 3:9-14; 5:18-20