Book of Daniel help us understand how we should live in a pagan land as we trust and wait for God to act.
In Daniel 1 we were reminded that, we like Daniel are resident aliens (this is not our home), therefore we need shrewd integrity in order to maintain purity without isolation, but seeking to excel as God enables, for the purpose of influence others for God’s glory. This will require deep abiding trust in God.
Now we move into Daniel 2 (you can listen to the lesson here).
Small Group Questions
Engage—connect with each other
1. How do you respond—normally or naturally—to a difficult situation? A situation in which the outcome seems bleak?
2. How do you deal with praise? Does it encourage your or make you feel uncomfortable? Why?
Encounter—read God’s Word to get to know Him
3. God works “behind the scene” in this story. What do you learn about God? What do you learn about how to respond to God?
Examine and Explore—what the passage says before you decide what it means, then begin to discuss the implications of this passage
4. What characteristics or attributes does Daniel reveal about God (2:19-23)?
5. How does Daniel insure that God gets glory not him?
6. What or who is the key focus of the interpretation of the dream?
Embrace—What is the one thing you need to know or do? What is your next step in response to this passage?
8. What about Daniel’s approach to the problem can you learn from and apply in a specific situation this week?