I’m reading Jesus in Trinitarian PerspectiveÂ by Fred Sanders and Klause Issler, so when I read this quote on Justin Taylors‘ blog is too good not to shar.
I can’t resist reproducing one more quote from Packer’sÂ Praying the Lord’s Prayer. It’s vintage Packer–Pauline in both its length and theology:
- ByÂ wisdomÂ God found a way to justify the unjust justly;
- inÂ loveÂ he gave his Son to bear death’s agony for us;
- inÂ justiceÂ he made the Son, as our substitute, suffer the sentence that our disobedience deserved;
- withÂ powerÂ he unites us to the risen Christ, renews our hearts, frees us from sin’s bondage, and moves us to repent and believe;
- and inÂ faithfulnessÂ he keeps us from falling, as he promised to do, till he brings us triumphantly to our final glory.
(Page 43. My italics and bullets.)