This passage challenges us to evaluate the “why?” behind the “what” that we do.
Small Group Questions
- How has “legalism” impacted your view of God and how has “legalism” impacted your view of your own walk with God?
- What habits have you found helpful in assisting your development in godliness? Are they tools or rules?
- Are rules or boundaries wrong? How could they be helpful? What are their limitations?
- Share boundaries you have found helpful?
- In this passage what has surprised you?
- How can the lessons from this passage help you thrive in your relationship with God rather than simply struggle or live in survive mode?